Web-Stay Thumb Splint - Adult Sizes
Ordering more than a few? Try our Grid Order Form.
For sizing information, please see our Sizing page.
Thumb Splint with Web Stay -- Adult Sizes
This is the McKie Thumb Splint with a wider web and the addition of a fabric-covered butterfly-shaped stay over the web of the thumb. The stay can be molded by the practitioner. This splint is recommended for moderate to severe spasticity when the thumb splint alone does not hold the thumb in opposition.
- Sized to fit larger pre-teens, teens, and adults (5 sizes).
- Streamlined design dynamically assists grasp.
- Minimal palmar coverage allows the hand to function more normally -- to feel and manipulate objects.
- Made from 1.5 mm thick, washable, nylon-covered neoprene.
- The smooth side nylon is worn against the skin. The outer fabric is a closed loop Nylon fabric which allows attachment of the hook tape anywhere on the splint thus making it adaptable to a variety of applications.
- Latex free.
- Extra hook tape is available for purchase. Velcro® brand tape as well as other hook tape brands are used in the manufacture of the McKie Thumb Splint.
- Custom options include custom sizing, longer strapping, lengthened or shortened thumb, and plastic web stay.