Dorsal-Stay Thumb Splint
Thumb Splint with Removable Dorsal Stay
The purpose of the dorsal stay thumb splint is to provide moderate support in thumb extension. It features a longer thumb with a dorsal stay pocket and a removable, moldable plastic stay. The stay thickness is 1/16 inch. Sizes correspond to thumb-splint sizes. Please include with your order a measurement of the length of the thumb from the MCP joint to the thumb tip. Recommended for extensor weakness, i.e. Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease. May also be helpful with trigger thumb of the distal joint.
- Sized to fit children from infancy to about 8-10 years (6 sizes)
- Stream-lined design dynamically assists grasp.
- Minimal palmar coverage allows the hand to function more normally, to feel and to manipulate objects.
- Made from 1.5 mm washable nylon-covered neoprene
- The smooth side nylon is worn against the skin. The outer fabric is a closed loop Nylon fabric which allows attachment of the hook tape anywhere on the splint thus making it adaptable to a variety of applications.
- Latex free and available in 6 colors
- Extra hook tape is available for purchase. Velcro® brand tape as well as other brands of hook tape are used in the manufacture of the McKie thumb splint.
- Custom options include custom sizing, widened web space, longer strapping and plastic web stay.